Custom Search
Band Reviews: Rise Against

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rise Against

The first time i heard this band was when I was a wee lad playing Need for Speed Underground 2 on my Gamecube. The song was Give It All. This band is your run of the mill Punk band but they somehow rise above the other generic punk bands and soar to new heights. However they had a pretty major shift in lyric content and meaning in the last couple years. I must say I am kinda disappointed. What once started off as badass "get the fuck up" lyrics turned into "hey guys look, we sing about the world now". Yeah the songs are still badass but it's no longer fresh. Still have some orgasmic guitar tracks, as well as drum tracks. As well as one of my favorite singers of all time.
Lyrics: 7/10
Instruments: 8/10
Creativity: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment